Checkpoint + Deliver suit = unavailable

martosss
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

It feels like Checkpoints are made only to torture us.

• Checkpoint set to vacancy only
  • Meed wears an atmo suit and can't pass, even though there are 2 free spaces. They have a deliver request, but there is no suit yet, so meep should be able to deliver his own suit in that checkpoint?
  • . There are 2 free spots, that are set to receive suits, but they haven't received suits yet. However, poor Meep can't pass, because the checkpoint is considered full?

image.thumb.png.5b7883832413b2049faed0b5e4e9dfd7.png

Also, a checkpoint made on a stair doesn't work(if I make it on the left side of the docks).

Steps to Reproduce
1. make a checkpoint. 2. Set it to Vacancy only. 3. order suits to be delivered. 4. Have a dupe with an atmo suit from the "outside area"(where the checkpoint is pointing) walk to the "inside area"(where the docs are. 5. he is not allowed to walk an leave his suit

User Feedback

He made a mistake and makes fun of himself.

I think the way it is right now is working. You ordered delivery of an atmo suit at all the docks at this checkpoint. And the checkpoint is in vacancy only. Meep must put down his atmo suit if he wants to pass this checkpoint but he can't as there is no room. So he can't deliver atmo suits that are on the floor to the checkpoint. His suit is technically owned by another checkpoint and not this one.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Christophlette said:

He made a mistake and makes fun of himself.

I think the way it is right now is working. You ordered delivery of an atmo suit at all the docks at this checkpoint. And the checkpoint is in vacancy only. Meep must put down his atmo suit if he wants to pass this checkpoint but he can't as there is no room. So he can't deliver atmo suits that are on the floor to the checkpoint. His suit is technically owned by another checkpoint and not this one.

OK, but if there was one undelivered suit - an empty dock without a "green delivery slot" selected, he would happily leave his suit there, too ! So that ownership idea wouldn't work in case 1 suit wasn't ordered for delivery. Besides, why can't he deliver his own suit and continue onwards, if that's where he needs to go?

So which one is it ?

1) Suits are owned by 1 dock only, or  - then leaving an empty space breaks this idea

2) they can be transfered to different docks? - then the setup above breaks this idea...

Edited by martosss

Share this comment

To be more specific, I see at least 2 possible use cases that should be covered by those checkpoints and docks:

1) Public suit  - OUTSIDE-INSIDE idea

• when going OUTSIDE dupes must wear a suit or equip one from those(public ones) on storage
  • when coming INSIDE dupes must take off their(public) suit and leave it at the dock for storage and charging

I'd say currently that's implemented - checkpoint arrow is ->(as in the pic above) so

1. dupes going right(outside)
    • Have a suit, so they just wear it and continue on their way - OK
    • Don't have a suit, so they equip a suit that is charged or are forbidden access outside - OK - they might die otherwise, because outside is "dangerous"
  2. dupes coming back to the left(inside)
  • They undress 100% of the time? Why? :(
    • If there's free space they always undress and leave their suit
      • What if I want them to keep the suit on, because it belongs to another dock?
    • If there's no free space and the checkpoint is set to permission always they unequip their suit and drop it on the floor
      • why ? ? ? Why would they undress? Just keep the suit on and continue? That means there's a free dock somewhere else, so they'll eventually go there and leave it there. Dropping it on the floor means 100% need for micro-managing suits - bad idea!
    • If there's no free space and the checkpoint is set to no vacancy, then they are forbidden to go back in?
      • So they'll stay outside and suffocate/starve/ to death? Why would we want to have such an option at all???

My view is that the whole red paragraph (2) - going back to base - should be reworked, because there are those weird cases that require microing, or simply forbid access to a suit-wearing dupe, which is ridiculous. Here's how the rework might look:

It should allow a dupe to keep his suit on if it's a "personal suit". Currently there's an assign-atmo-suit-to-dupe option - maybe that should make the suit personal, so that the dupe goes everywhere with that suit. Also, I should be able to assign a suit to an atmo suit dock, so that when that suit is empty it gets delivered always to that dock.

2) Private suit idea

• A suit is assigned to 1 dock and 1 dupe only.
  • The dupe wears the suit while it's full and leaves it for charging at that specific dock when it's empty.
  • The dupe doesn't unequip his suit at other checkpoints - they just check if the dupe has a suit - he has one, so he passes freely!
  • Other dupes passing that dock don't equip the suit, since it's already assigned to someone else!

Now that I visualize it, It might be better to assign the dock itself to a dupe and have a suit delivered to that dock, at which point the suit becomes private. From that moment on the suit and the dock are connected and the dupe and the dock are connected - done!

Currently, neither the private suit idea is implemented, nor does the public suit idea works properly without micro management - dupes will stack all suits at one dock and the player will have to manually return all suits to other docks. Not to mention the possibility of dupes getting left outside.

Edited by martosss

Share this comment