Can't start a new game !!

Neowilson
  • Pending

Hello,

I have a problem when starting a new game, game is crashing and i have the common message : "vc++ not installed.."

I run Windows 7 64bit and VC++ is installed

It seems like the pb come from UnityEngine.dll, when i delete it I can load a new game to 58% then crash

Help please !

ONItext.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Just start a new game

User Feedback

Why would you think that deleting a file would make the game work? If anything that would make things worse. So first you need to repair the game. Then Uninstall every VC++ 2015 you have, then install these ones:

https://download.microsoft.com/download/6/A/A/6AA4EDFF-645B-48C5-81CC-ED5963AEAD48/vc_redist.x86.exe

https://download.microsoft.com/download/6/A/A/6AA4EDFF-645B-48C5-81CC-ED5963AEAD48/vc_redist.x64.exe

Then make sure every windows update is installed.

Share this comment

Thanks for your answer,

Firstly, forget about my first post, I have mingled everything...

So It seems that I have the same issue a lot of people encountered here : game crashing when starting a new game with the message : "you dont have the VC++ 2015 64 bit runtime installed".

But :

- I have already Install/Uninstall VC++ 2015 x86 / x64 a lot of time

- I have already Uninstall and re-install the game

- I have check my operating system : Windows 7 Home Basic 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1

- Windows update : ok

- My plugins are ok

I'm not sure but my problem, as you can see in the .txt file, seems to come from this file : SimDLL.dll

I don't understand why and I have no idea if it helps but when I delete this one, the game doesn't instantly crash when I launch "New Game". It tries to load the map then crash at 51.8% on the message : "establishing personal boundaries".

Edited by Neowilson

Share this comment

Well you deleted a file that the game needs so of course it wouldn't load. Was that text file from before or after you deleted it? If its after can you run the game again and upload one where the file is there and everything in the game folder is untouched.

Edited by AlexRou

Share this comment

When the game folder is untouched I have the message : "you dont have the VC++ 2015 64 bit runtime installed".

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Neowilson said:

When the game folder is untouched I have the message : "you dont have the VC++ 2015 64 bit runtime installed".

upload the text file when the game is untouched.

Share this comment

Have you tried closing steam and running steam as admin? And just to make sure, is this file there? D:/Steam/steamapps/common/OxygenNotIncluded/OxygenNotIncluded_Data/Plugins/SimDLL.dll

Share this comment

Sorry for necro'ing the thread but this is the thread that came up on top when I googled the bug myself.

For me the solution was, after banging my head against the problem for a bit, verifying the file integrity in steam. 

Screenshot of the properties page: 

2019-12-14_2315

Share this comment