Can't play game! Crashes on launch

Flashman91
  • Pending

I've tried all the suggestions on the troubleshooting guides and the forum but I still can't play the game! The screen just goes white and crashes whenever I try to launch it.

I've run Windows Updates, updated my drivers, checked integrity of the game files, reinstalled Visual C++, etc. but no luck!

Any help would be much appreciated!

Steps to Reproduce
Launch game?

User Feedback

Hello @Flashman91, welcome to the forums.

Don't take my word for it but based on your log file, your PC seems to not meet the requirements to run the game. If you Ctrl + F for the term "warning" in the log file, you'll find the following lines generated by the log:

WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'GUI/Text Shader' - Pass '' has no vertex shader
WARNING: Shader Unsupported: 'GUI/Text Shader' - Setting to default shader.

And upon closer inspection, your PC has the following specs (based on the log):

Direct3D:
    Version:  Direct3D 11.0 [level 10.0]
    Renderer: Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family (ID=0x2a42)
    Vendor:   Intel
    VRAM:     646 MB

These are the bare minimum requirements for Oxygen Not Included: Oxygen Not Included Minimum System Requirements

I don't know if there is a way for you to play the game with your current PC's specs, but I'll hold off any action until someone from Klei can verify my speculation.

I'm sorry, cheers.

Share this comment

Thanks @Zillvr

I did check Can You Run It before buying, it said my laptop met the requirements but have to admit I was a bit sceptical as it is pretty old!

I really don't play a lot of games any more so wasn't sure what my laptop could run so thought I would just give it a try. Shame if I can't get to play Oxygen Not Included as its the first game I've wanted to play in a long time!

Edited by Flashman91

Share this comment