Can't change the sound output device. (ONI not playing on default device)

Ganonn360
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

I've started playing this game with headphones with no issue. But I've been trying to play it on the laptop speakers for a few days now and I can't manage to do so. With the headphones disconnected and the speakers set as default devices the game plays no sound at all. When i have the headphones connected but the speakers set as the only default device, ONI still outputs only to my headphones. I've tried reinstalling and still could not manage to get sounds from my speakers.

I can't find an issue or solution outside of the game so I'm hoping to find something in the game itself. This is the only game I have this issue with, all other programs use the default output device, which makes me think it's a game-specific bug.

Steps to Reproduce
Started playing with headphones and noticed when I didn't use them that I could not get the sound to the appointed device.

User Feedback

Yeah I have similar problem with my setup. Default Windows Output Device is "Speakers", which allows my full surround sound to work in almost all applications/games, but ONI is doing its own thing with audio for some reason, so my rear speakers don't output anything at all :<

I couldn't previously explain why/how but your post makes me think maybe ONI isn't using the right audio output device in both our cases.

If we could possibly get a config option for Audio Output device selection, and perhaps format if it's relevant (like if we can choose plain Stereo sound or Surround sound) that would be pretty magnificent for my experience certainly.

Share this comment

Im having a similar issue with DS on Mac. Computer settings set to bluetooth headset, everything else working, but game audio only coming out of computer speakers

Share this comment