Can't change job

stretch611
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Fixed

Marie is incapable of doing art jobs. However, she is interested in Art and does not have any reasons why she can't do art. In fact she has held the position in the past.

According to the jobs screen, she is not qualified to be an Art Student because she is incapable of performing Art jobs.

Abyss.sav

Screenshot at 2018-03-28 03-03-51.png

Screenshot at 2018-03-28 03-05-52.png

Screenshot at 2018-03-28 03-06-23.png

Steps to Reproduce
I believe that when I loaded the game the last time, Marie was in the Art Student job. I needed to change her to a different position, and later I was unable to change her back to the Art student role. The screen capture was when the game was paused, but; it was after a significant play time (probably about 2-3 hours) and not after loading a saved game. Clicking on the field did not let me assign her to the job. After unpausing the game and trying again, I was still unable to assign her to the Art Job. After saving the game, (and making a copy of the file to share) I exited and restarted. When the game loaded, I was able to assign the Art Student job to Marie. So saving and reloading did fix the issue.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I've run into the same problem.  In my case, it appears to be related to priority settings.

If I change a Dupe's job, then set any or all of its priorities to "X", the Job's panel will say that the Dupe is unqualified for those jobs whose Wrench task is set to "X".  If I then raise those priorities above "X", it will no longer say that they are unqualified.

The problem only occurs for new actions taken after the game is in progress.  If I load a save the game doesn't start with the problem.

Share this comment