Cannot cool water by "traditional" way

dude123456
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Hi, right now i'm having two problems ( i don't know if it is a bug or feature):

1) Filtering water: The temprature of the entry water is about -10C but the output ones is 37C ????? ( the system is in cold area) .

2) I cannot cool the water through running it in icy-cold atmosphere ( - 15C) with normal pipe, the temprature keeps increasing to 37C.

Thanks. :)

p/s: Hier is my save file if you want to check. The system is in the bottom left of my Base where the Gas-Generators and Batteries are.

test1 Cycle 153.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Cooling water through running pipe in cold atmosphere and meaningless output temprature of Waterfilter.

User Feedback

This isn't a bug, this is just how water purifiers work.  Water Purifiers output clean water at 40 Celsius by design, no matter what temperature of polluted water you input.    it's very difficult to cool water in pipes by running the pipes through a cold area, as water weighs so much more than air.  The easiest way would be to set up a heat exchanger area, where the incoming polluted water cools down the outgoing clean water, one way to do this is a long flat storage tank with two levels, put the cold polluted water on the top level and the hotter clean water on the bottom, you might make the divider out of a row of manual airlocks rotated to be horizontal, as they transfer heat well.  Or just granite tiles.

Edited by trukogre

Share this comment