This issue was caused by the fix to auto-bottle on canister emptiers:
Bottles dropped from Canister Fillers using the Empty Storage button in the UI still have the game tag "GasSource" from when they were initially bottled, which means that they cannot be delivered to the Canister Emptier unless Auto-Bottle is checked. The tag appears to disappear on reload, allowing delivery of the bottle, so attaching a save file is unfortunately useless.
- Build Canister Emptier set to Auto Bottle: Off
- Build Canister Filler and supply it with gas
- When it fills up, use the Empty Storage button in the UI to have a Duplicant manually pop out the canister
- Select the canister type in the canister emptier
- No chore is created to deliver the dropped canister to the emptier
- Selecting Auto-Bottle: On in the emptier causes Duplicants to pick up the dropped bottle and deliver it
The attached log contains no crash or error as the bug is in game play.