Bug Report: Crash and Loss

Blackwingedheaven
  • Pending

I was on Cycle 22 of my first colony when the game crashed on me. That wouldn't be a big deal, except that when I loaded back in, all of my resources were gone. Everything. My boxes were all empty, anything that hadn't been swept up yet was missing, even the food in my ration box. My duplicants were suddenly all stressed, starving, and oxygen deprived. When I tried to load previous cycles, they all had the same issue--no resources of any kind. This was intensely frustrating, since I basically had to start completely over even though my colony had been previously thriving.

Steps to Reproduce
I was playing the game and hadn't manually saved in about an hour. I was at the beginning of Cycle 22 and had just ordered a mildly stressed duplicant to go to the massage table.

User Feedback

The loaded game starts in a paused state. You have to start the game and it will recalculate what items you have.

Share this comment

Sorry about the trouble. Do you still have that save file? Also there is a bug when initially loading a game where none of your resources will show up for the first couple of seconds so that might have been the issue you were seeing.

Share this comment