BSODs are driving me crazy. ("Whea uncorrectable error and more" or "IRQL not less or equal.")

92ding
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hey guys,

I love this game. But the recent sporadic BSODs are driving me insane.

I have a PC with i9-9900k, 16g RAM, GeForce RTX 2060, and I never had any problems before ONI. So it has to be the game instead of hardware issues. To be sure, I already checked my Ram and CPU temp, and updated all of my drivers, even reseted my PC once to check what was wrong.

But the same problem will come up again and again every time i played this game for 1 or 2 hour or so. It could be "Whea uncorrectable error and more" or "IRQL not less or equal." So far I tried to pin point what I did with the game that is causing all this, but I am unsure. Seems to happen mostly after cycle 30 I think.

Please help me,

T.

DxDiag.txt output_log.txt Serene Star Enterprise Colony Cycle 16.sav

User Feedback

Both errors you mentioned are most likely hardware or driver issues. Temperatures are only one possible issue, but not everything. 

You may run a memory test, because both errors in combination are most likely a RAM issue. Most nowadays BIOS/UEFI have a build in memory test. (it may run for serveral hours, so beware)

You may also try to remove one of your (i guess) 2 RAM banks and try again with 8GB. If the errors persist, swap them and test the other. You may also try different banks, if your board has more than 2. 

Given your informations i would not rule out a hardware issue so soon.

Share this comment

Thank you for your advice. 

I already performed a memory test. I can try to swap my Ram banks, however they are both just 1 year old. 

Share this comment

Okay now I got a new code for BSOD while testing out with no webcam plugged in. 

Unexpected Kernel Mode Trap

Share this comment