Broken Ice Biome

JamesIsCool
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Just recently started playing. So Ive been playing a file (start them often, started this one so my g/f could name my dupes and have some input) and I reached the far right side of the map, where I happened upon an ice biome. I tried digging into it, getting to the wheezewort specifcailly and for some reason the sleet wheat and the wheezwort refuse to sweep. The dupes can get to it, there is no storage issue, priority 9 on sweep for the past 35 cycles. So I moved to the other side of the map, found another ice biome and I'm just realizing it's the whole world. After a bit of googling around, I've found I'm not the only one with this exact same issue but there doesn't seem to be any fixes or any other info, so I'm bringing it to the developers attention unless anyone could possibly help me fix this.

Again, Wheezewort and Sleet Wheat CANNOT be swept, no matter what. They are ignored as if they were never there, but can be uprooted. I'm going to try another file to see if I run into the same issue again, but hoping to get some feedback on this or at least have the bug fixed in the future. Really disheartening to not be able to do any serious temp control without having to find an anti-thermo, or pump everything around through ice.

Hope no one else encounters this, but if you do, please give me any feedback you can.

Steps to Reproduce
Playing the game. First time I've had this issue but upon googling I am not alone, not sure what the trigger is.

User Feedback

I'm having a similar issue with mealwood seeds in the starter biome, game day 78. My settings allowed tidying for all dupes but farming only for those with with the required skill. I switched farming so that everyone can farm and the seeds are now getting sweeped up. Maybe this could be caused by the same problem ?

I have 2 farmers that are both leveled up to Seasoned farmers. I didn't notice the problem when they were in the earlier categories.

Edit : I just noticed that the thread is listed for the live branch, I'm playing the experimental branch.

Edited by lethalpixie

Share this comment

I wondered if the file request was for the initial poster, but just in case ... I encountered the Sleet Wheat seed bug without the other seeds causing problems. Same case as the farming, except the wheat is considered in the cooking category for pick-ups so I had to allow everyone to cook and they got picked up and stored (in first case scenario. dupes only pick them up if they are queued up for cooking not for storage).

Again, I have no idea if this is the same issue but hopefully it helps.

Sleet Wheat not picked up.sav

Share this comment

Just to eliminate the obvious, do have any storage compactors set to store these items and are not full?  New items are not always automatically added to the list of things to store.

Share this comment