"Bottomless stomach" trait description is backwards and unclear

mackhuffer
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

The tooltip and description say that the dupe's metabolism is decreased and has a -500 kcal/day debuff. It should say that metabolism is increased (thus requiring more calories). The "-500 kcal/day" can be a bit unclear since it could mean that the rate itself is decreased by 500 kcal per day, or that hunger is decreased by that amount. A clearer way to state it might be something like "additional 500 kcal/day required".

Steps to Reproduce
None.

User Feedback

I just dropped by to say the same thing. The bottomless stomach thing was dark in colour so the first thing that popped in my eyes was decreased metabolism and I thought, how is that a bad thing? This guy eats less food? Definitely needs correction in description. Increase in metabolism means eating lots but burning it fast, having lots of energy and having difficulty keeping weight. Decreased metabolism is opposite. Weight gain even though not huge amount of food intake, sleepiness and lack of energy.

Share this comment

As of build 350563, the description now says "decreased calories". I still think it doesn't read well. However, the implication (that the dupe gets fewer calories from food) is more in line with the effect (the dupe simply needs more food each cycle).

Share this comment