Bottle emptier causing liquid pressure

Aner-Dyfan
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Spotted when having a small layer of water over polluted water to prevent it gassing, and the cistern begining to break. As the bottle emptier fills empties it adds the mass to the polluted water tiles as expected, but doesn't seem to want to force the clean water tile upwards to reduce the pressure. Removing the layer of clean water makes the polluted water act as I would expect.

Part of the 1 element per 1 tile factor of the game I suspect, as if there is more than 1 tile of clean water above the polluted water it again expands to rest as a more reasonable pressure.

However I'd not seen it occur with the bottle emptier and it came as quite a surprise to find my cistern break with what looked like a tiny volume of liquid.

Screenshot2.jpg

Leaky Dimension.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Polluted water tiles, with a clean water tile on top. Then increase the mass of the polluted water tiles via either debug or bottle emptier.
  • Like 1

User Feedback

This is fake

The electric grill has the symbol that means you don't have any cooks, nor does it have any power, but you still have a large amount of stuffed berries :/

Share this comment

i have seen the same behavior in nature, liquids don't expand in certain conditions when a layer of another kind of liquid is above(/and besides) them... allows for infinite liquid compression

• Like 1

Share this comment

@Dillbuds I also have a load of dupes on c2. I used debug to generate the test area, since I needed to confirm it was repeatable across multiple worlds. However the only element in question is the tile of polluted water.

@Bobanaut Good to know, I thought that might be the case. But hadn't identified an instance of it. So certainly seems like it is a product of the 1 element per tile rule. As such I suppose this is a known quirk of the mechanics.

Share this comment