Automation system causes crash to desktop

The Arcanian
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I was trying to make an automated electrolyzer setup with a thermo sensor and an atmo sensor into an AND gate to control a gas pump. But whenever both sensors activate they crash the game to desktop with no crash screen. And I had earlier times when building the set up that the automation signals did not propagate.

Included are the gamesaves that cause the crash, the crash logs and DxDiag file.

The Hopeful Dump.sav

The Hopeful Dump 2.sav

SimDLL_CRASH_release_247630_20180118-21.53.54.dmp

SimDLL_CRASH_release_247630_20180118-21.55.50.dmp

DxDiag.txt

Steps to Reproduce
Download savefiles, load game save, unpause the game.

User Feedback

image.thumb.png.84dd8befd7398039c6b4d7ffbfd14cc7.png

image.png.4f01e66d33faadcaebab9801477ffde2.png

May not be causing your crash but not forming a connection on my load of your save once built.
(Personally I think your processor is to small for the rest of your computer)

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment

I don't recall if there is an automation wire there or not, but it is irrelevant. I crash within seconds after resuming the game, there is no time for it to be built. Almost as soon as both sensors going into the AND gate in the setup above the one in your pictures flip on, the game crashes. The gas pump plays its animation about twice then BAM, desktop. The second save crashes even faster. I made the second save by going back to an autosave before the crash and trying to tweak the setup.
(Unfortunately, I do not think I can upgrade my processor at all. Short of getting something to replace this laptop.)

Share this comment