Auto-Sweeper Looping Dropping Ice

malloc
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

These auto-sweepers are set to pick up the ice and plastic.  The bottom one stays on a loop as the ice is put in the loader then disappears a couple of spaces down the line and drops back to the floor under the loader (Note the empty crates on the line).  When plastic arrives the loop is temporarily broken but then returns.

I have saved and exited/reloaded and no change.

20190121184635_1.thumb.jpg.3f278e01e42b32d444f6a073d28184f6.jpg

The Golden Lab.sav

Steps to Reproduce
No idea but save attached. The issue is persistent across loads. Disabling the ice from the loader and then restoring it re-starts the loop.

User Feedback

Hi @malloc,

It looks to me like the ice is melting as it moves from the cold hydrogen area into the hot tile area. The water falls, and freezes again once it hits the cold hydrogen.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

@Brook Agreed.  I double walled where that ladder is and not only is it still doing it but the top one is sometimes doing it now as well.  It looks to be creating water in the process as I've mopped the area clean and new water is spilled but the dropped ice remains the same size on each iteration.  Strange as I have used a similar design in previous versions before QOL 1 and never had the ice melt like this.  That wall is insulated ceramic (although the incoming petroleum is in that same wall which may be making the difference).

Share this comment

Update:  I used a conveyor bridge to jump the wall and the problem seems to be resolved.  Ice at -8C instantly melting (and creating new water) in an insulated ceramic tile -- working as intended?

Share this comment