Attachment Point Stacking Error

Kabrute
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

When you build multiple items with an access point, like a vent with a bridge hooked to it, if you deconstruct either system the access point fails, for example   If the duplicants build this setup and I go back and deconstruct the vent the bridge will fail. image.thumb.png.3b24dd8e008b6cab026b48048c8ca4b8.png

The reason I know this is because I deconstructed a vent where the ghost bridge is above, when I decon the vent the bridge stopped connecting with ducting

Steps to Reproduce
Build a device with an attachment status, hook another attachment status device directly to it, deconstruct either, the other fails

User Feedback

Firstly wtf is attachment Point, access point and attachment status. And what does "access point fails" even mean?

Also if you're talking about gas pipes can you please screenshot in gas overlay mode so it is easier to see how things are connected instead of having to guess.

Share this comment

Its not just gas, Build an and gate, put a pump over it where the "Plugs" line up, build some automation wire then deconstruct the pump the and gates input point that overlayed the pumps stops working.
image.thumb.png.8bd98e790c23d511e3700eb068a37d95.png

Its not "just" ventilation, its All of them.  Every system where you can put multiple inputs overlayed, when you remove one it disconnects the stack.

image.thumb.png.e536f79c8527025e26d60f9f8439aed0.png

When this vent deconstructs the bridge attached to it wont work anymore. 

1 hour ago, AlexRou said:

Firstly wtf is attachment Point, access point and attachment status. And what does "access point fails" even mean?

Also if you're talking about gas pipes can you please screenshot in gas overlay mode so it is easier to see how things are connected instead of having to guess.

Attachment: the condition of being attached to something or someone, in particular.
Attachment Point : The place where in something or someone is connected(attached)
Attachment Status: Whether or not something is or is not attached.
Access Point Fails:  The point where lines access the device fails to register as being connected.

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment

49 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

Attachment: the condition of being attached to something or someone, in particular.
Attachment Point : The place where in something or someone is connected(attached)
Attachment Status: Whether or not something is or is not attached.
Access Point Fails:  The point where lines access the device fails to register as being connected.

Wasn't asking for the dictionary definition. It wasn't immediately clear what you were talking about from your descriptions in the original post.

No one I know calls the input/output ports "access/attachment points" and you calling them attachment points one line and access points another, got me really confused on whether attachment and access points were the same thing.

I meant no offence but really I find it hard to understand what you are talking about, even your reply took me a while to figure out you were talking about overlapping input/output ports and that deconstructing a structure with overlapping input/output ports messes up the pipe/wire connections.

Edited by AlexRou

Share this comment

I didn't take any offense, and I hope none was taken in turn.  You asked and I answered, Your last line is the YES!  Exactly that, that is the bug!

when 2 or more inputs are stacked and 1 input is removed all inputs are disconnected even if the flow path still exists.  Literally trying to use vague words because its with every single system, its not any one, liquid gas or whatever.  Thats part of the confusion because its not just pipe inlets/outlets its also wire connectors, automation input/outputs etc, every system has different names so I was litterally going from one system to the next in my head trying convey that it was all systems.  Wires for me have access points since all of a line is the same.  Each system has its own terminology but I was talking about all of them so the terminology was drawn from all of them and caused the confusion.

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, Kabrute said:

I didn't take any offense, and I hope none was taken in turn.  You asked and I answered, Your last line is the YES!  Exactly that, that is the bug!

when 2 or more inputs are stacked and 1 input is removed all inputs are disconnected even if the flow path still exists.  Literally trying to use vague words because its with every single system, its not any one, liquid gas or whatever.  Thats part of the confusion because its not just pipe inlets/outlets its also wire connectors, automation input/outputs etc, every system has different names so I was litterally going from one system to the next in my head trying convey that it was all systems.  Wires for me have access points since all of a line is the same.  Each system has its own terminology but I was talking about all of them so the terminology was drawn from all of them and caused the confusion.

Well gas/liquid/automation all use input/output ports, so you could've said that plus wire connectors to include the electrical network. Well at least now we cleared that up I'm gona stop replying.

Share this comment