AT-240508 Game Crash on Savegame load

Rynjathyn
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Fixed

I have a game crash on reload, a lot of Error msgs popup on the screen but even the "A black hole has ate your game" screen crashes so quick you can't read much of it.

I had this problem when I first logged back in after sleeping for the night. Same error message, I had to delete about 3 cycles worth of autosaves to find one that actually worked again. The error msgs and crashes were the same. Attempted a system restart, it did get a little further in the reload process, but still crashed the same way, so it is savegame related.

Re-played those three cycles, deconstructed a cluster of Thermoplates (same thing I did before in those three days time) they were not stacked but built within1 tile left and 1 down, I have seen if you stack them they will create a null reference error as well when you try a area decontruct, but thats a diffrent bug), disabled a bunch of buildings to decrease power to clean out a area for a chlorine chamber, while building a bunch of insulated tiles to keep temp from spreading to base, all of a sudden my sandstone dropped by ALOT (over ~25 tiles worth of sandstone) thought that can't be right, went to reload, and crash occurred again.) It was roughly 3 cycles again the crash is occurring.

The savegame file:

Cavernous - Plumbing s3 Cycle 91.sav

Steps to Reproduce
In the description, personally think its in the thermo plates, but just personal opinion.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.