Aquatuner doesn't cool first packet but consumes power

Orzelek
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

In attached save file there are two aquatuners (above and a bit to right from pod) with overpass using automation to enable/disable them based on incoming water temperature.
Each of loops contains few leftover packets of water that circle constantly never leaving the loop (leaving is based on packet temperature being low enough).

If you observe them you can see that packet activates aquatuner through sensor and animation starts to play and power consumption is registered in daily report.
But packet itself goes through overpass not through aquatuner and it's not cooled. It seems that heat is not emitted but pwoer was consumed (I checked heat earlier when it wasn't fully ubilt up).

As soon as there are more packets it will start cooling (first one that activates sensor is not cooled then also - it starts cooling from second one).

I think I've seen similar issue with thermo regulator earlier when it's cooling loop was not full of hydrogen and had gaps.

Radical Citadel.sav

Steps to Reproduce

Run the attached save and observe aquatuners/power consumption and packet temperature.

Radical Citadel.sav

User Feedback

I'm not sure there is a proper bug report for that, but it's linked to this exploit.

Basically, the Aquatuner behavior is a bit wonky in its synchronization between liquid packets, power spending and automation, which creates several odd cases where it doesn't perform as expected.

• Like 1

Share this comment

9 hours ago, Fradow said:

I'm not sure there is a proper bug report for that, but it's linked to this exploit.

Basically, the Aquatuner behavior is a bit wonky in its synchronization between liquid packets, power spending and automation, which creates several odd cases where it doesn't perform as expected.

I'm not sure I fully understand the exploit.
But it's losing power here and thats not exploity - it's a waste of power (not to mention annoying since it seems to run but it doesn't and packets travel constantly).

Share this comment

No indeed that's not exploity. It's just a different manifestation of the same issue: the Aquatuner has synchronisation issues between liquid packets, power spending and automation, which can result in wasting power in this bug's case, or saving power in the exploit linked previously.

Share this comment