"An unauthorized access error occured when trying to write to disk" Error

ogizano
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

image.png.dcb8ed709241ef6e97866d6c49318fd6.png

I get this message every time when i try to creating new game or loading previous games. I'd check the permissions and there's no unusual thing. I'd tried the ways which are giving permission & turning off my antivirus program, starting as administrator, uninstalling/reinstalling, checking my hdd status. But there is no way to solve this, i've could find.

I'm using the latest DLC version. But when i switched it to the non-DLC version, I dont receive any error messages. I think, It's about the DLC.

Steps to Reproduce

I'm using the latest DLC version. But when i switched it to the non-DLC version, I dont receive any error messages. I think, It's about the DLC.

image.png

User Feedback

You could follow a guide like this;

https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036947812-Oxygen-Not-Included-is-crashing-at-or-just-after-the-Klei-Logo 

But before doing stuff that might mess something up, check your anti-virus.
If it has a ransomware shield, it could be blocking the components of ONI in steam under your 'program files' from accessing the components in 'my documents' as it may see it as a malicious action.
Try Exempting the paths to both locations and allow the apps if your anti-virus has that function.
Hope that helps.

Happy Holidays.

Edit; I just realized, it's funny how this tickets problem and another ticket were posted on the same day

No idea if their related, but it does make one wonder.

Edited by ChainedDjinn
Noticed something is all, an observation.

Share this comment

On 12/25/2020 at 12:59 AM, ChainedDjinn said:

You could follow a guide like this;

https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360036947812-Oxygen-Not-Included-is-crashing-at-or-just-after-the-Klei-Logo 

But before doing stuff that might mess something up, check your anti-virus.
If it has a ransomware shield, it could be blocking the components of ONI in steam under your 'program files' from accessing the components in 'my documents' as it may see it as a malicious action.
Try Exempting the paths to both locations and allow the apps if your anti-virus has that function.
Hope that helps.

Happy Holidays.

Edit; I just realized, it's funny how this tickets problem and another ticket were posted on the same day

No idea if their related, but it does make one wonder.

Thanks for the suggestion but I've already tried everything listed there (for once it isn't my antivirus over reacting cause it was disabled this time).

Share this comment

Go to Windows Security -> Virus & threat protection -> Ransomware protection -> Manage ransomware protection -> Block history

you should see a branch of "Protected folder access blocked" item, click to expand. Find the one saying:

App or process blocked: OxygenNotIncluded.exe

Protected folder: %userprofile%\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\

On the right bottom corner, there should be a "Action" drop down, click "Allow on device"

(The screenshot below doesn't have the "Action" dropdown, because I already allowed it)

Screenshot 2021-05-06 223437.png

Edited by Polyamide
clearify

Share this comment