Algae Terrariums no longer absorbing ambient water

matthiaspaco
  • Branch: Live Branch Fixed

It seems to have happened after the most recent hotfix. The old terrariums I had were still absorbing water, but I tore them down to make room for a large coal generator room. I was planning on fielding quite a few to fill the gaps in O2 generation and scrub the CO2 from the coal plants, but if they can't be automatically watered then it won't be very efficient. Save file included. Jug of water from old working terrarium pictured for some reason20170627211141_1.jpg

Trainwreck.sav

Steps to Reproduce
not sure

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

This is correct behavior. The developers forgot to mention that terrariums can no longer take in infinite water.

Rebuild them so they can take in the small amount of water that they were suppose to take in originally.
The ones you had before were overloaded with too much water.

Share this comment

Shouldn't this be a nonzero amount? I noticed when I first loaded the game and unpaused it was absorbing at a rate of 203 kg/s. Is it linked to CO3 consumption? Wouldn't that be erroneous? Or is the amount so infinitesimally small that it rounds down to 0? Seems like a bug to me.20170628010120_1.jpg

Share this comment

Sorry to spam replies but I should have mentioned that these are newly built today after the update as you can see it only has 155kg of water stored.

Share this comment

Need CO2 in the air for it to be consumed. This is optional.

The consumption rate of the water consumer is 1.25 kg/s. The converter uses 0.3 kg/s of water.
A period of 0 kg/s consumption is expected. It has a capacity of 200 kg of water so nothing strange there.

Share this comment

The terrarium needs CO2 to absorb water? That's weird, I don't much care for that change it doesn't seem very intuitive.

Share this comment

5 minutes ago, matthiaspaco said:

Then why are my terrariums absorbing 0 kg/s water as I posted in the previous picture?

Just checked your save and I see them turning on and off to maintain 200kg.
Does it continue doing this after a reload?

Share this comment