Active Automation Grid, "Disabled by Automation Grid"

Beirirangu
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

In an attempt to stop the Polymer Press from CONSTANTLY Overheating (it's a VERY serious problem) I attempted to connect a thermal sensor to it, so it's only active when it's at a safe temperature, and to try and get it to the same temperature as the Press, I put in a bridge or two of one kind or another, but lo and behold, I notice something strange after a while: the Press would NEVER RUN! I looked at it, and it said "Disabled by Automation Grid" but the sensor it's connected to is active, with ONLY wires and a bridge connecting them (see figure 1)error.thumb.png.6d64fa990a4af791c46ed37216dcf213.png

Steps to Reproduce
self-explanatory, but I assume it's one of the bugs I occasionally get when my viewing window is significantly away from the situation for a period of time

User Feedback

Its because you stacked the bridge over top effectively cutting off the devices port, don't stack ports, they don't layer properly
For an alternative thermal sink use a conductive wire bridge instead

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment

I like to put my presses on a timer - only running half a cycle or less - I can use a not gate on the timer to turn on an alternate press or presses with a single timer, not gate and buffer gates or similar.

I would use a heat spreader near that kind of setup you have a picture of.

Share this comment

they are thermal locking the press to a thermo sensor and using temps to keep the press from melting plastic.  I do the same but I use conductive bridge as my heat sync

Share this comment

In regard to this bug, I ran into something similar myself, it required that I place a single tile automation wire  on the terminal of the machine in question.

Edited by The Plum Gate

Share this comment