Abyssalite heat transfer value

Pocas
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hello

Abyssalite transfers abnormaly heat to any material, be it gas, liquid or solid. since it was upseting me in my game i did a few tests with a new game in debug mode(attached file). One of them being the following :

I surrounded 1 tile of sandstone with 8 basic abyssalites(500, and then vacuum, i did the same for 1 sandstone + 8 insulate tiles(igenous rock). I repeated that process for 200kg of oxygen gas, and 200 kg of crude oil. For all those, middle is at 293.15°K, outer is at 1500°K

So normally, with a thermal conductivity of less than 0.001 for abyssalite VS 0.02 for insulate tile, abyssalite should heat up the middle tile much slower...

But .... here are the results :

For 1°K gained by the middle tile surrounded by insulate tile, the abyssalite middle ones gained :

- Sandstone : 40.6°K

- Oxygen : 3.9°K

- Crude Oil : 30.7°K

So, yeah, no correlation to abyssalite thermal conductivity, worse i can't even find one to the thermal conductivity of the material inside, unless the state of the material is also a factor...

Anyway, could you fix abyssalite thermal conductivity so that its value in descritpion matches what actually happens in the game.

Thanks

PS : Also got some visual bugs from the rockets, lower parts being display on the scaffolding after a load while the rocket is actually travelling to some destination, or fuel gauge being displayed somewhere between the scaffolding and the upper part of the map after the rocket was launched and offmap.

Abyss.sav

Steps to Reproduce
explained above

User Feedback

They use different formulas for calculating heat transfer.  Insulated tiles use the lower value, non insulated tiles use the average.

Share this comment

That's a quote from a random tile :

TH.thumb.jpg.a516af4fe58b3302fe1b2e714c5fe537.jpg

then adjust that description if it's this one that is not correct, but i'm pretty sure this descrption is how every heat transfer should work.

• Like 1

Share this comment

i don't know if it's related to that, but i also noticed some weird heat transfer with insulated tiles (igneous rock). i had 155kg of magma at 1400ish°C on multiple insulated tiles. Then a few magma tiles turned to dug igneous rock, and the insulated tiles that were under it started gaining temperature at fast speed (1-2° per second) compared to the tiles with magma where the insulated tile weren't showing any temperature increase. i don't know if it's the liquid on insulated tile that's not behaving properly, or the carbon dioxide + dug igneous rock on insulated tile, but something doesn't feel right

Setup.png

Share this comment

There's a lot of strange heat transfert behaviors.

I also notice that ceramic loaded in an insulated tile before it's construction, abnormally heat up at very high speed. O_o

Share this comment