461084 Random crashes (TargetParameter: entityTarget is null)

Jann5s
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Known Issue

Just wanted to report a crash that happens every 2-3 cycles since the big asteroid update

Steps to Reproduce

sorry, it doesn't seem related to anything I do. Hoping the log will be of help

User Feedback

Have you by any chance used the dev debug tools to look at the other asteroids? I've seen this issue primarily when buildings are spawned on other asteroids but are not "active" yet. If that's the case you could try clicking the "Spawn All (Slow)" button in dev debug or spawn a Duplicant on the world with the visible buildings.

However, if that's not the case don't follow those suggestions. If you upload your save I can take a look at what's causing it.

Share this comment

Timeline.sav

I did recently colonize another asteroid, but there are no POI buildings on it. I'm not sure what to look for using the dev tools. Here's the save, just in case.

Share this comment

I loaded up the save and let it run for a few cycles without experiencing it. Grossola might be causing the problem if anything (only asteroid not visible on the right). Spawning a dupe with the sandbox/debug tools should solve this. Please let us know otherwise.

Share this comment

Changed Status to Known Issue

I misread your player log, the issue has nothing to do with what I mentioned above. It has to do with animating the rockets on the starmap.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Ah, cool, as long as it is a known issue than I'm fine. An occasional crash doesn't bother me. I just wanted to let you guys know since you are doing an awesome job with the DLC.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment