Dupes keep avoiding doing their only job

Hinforta
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I've set two dupes to do two things only - massaging and cooking, that's it. There are necessary resources in microbe pusher, cooking stations are disabled. Yet time and time again they keep idling and not doing anything. Changing jobs in the list doesn't change much, only reloading the save, but I've done that for several times. Maybe they stop doing that once the lice goes stale?

20170815024914_1.thumb.jpg.3c65c6c572e12c5395f2cf2651880d45.jpg

20170815024923_1.thumb.jpg.37c84d26cbec85a80be94538043be9a1.jpg

Save - Hovel Cycle 198.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Set strict jobs priorities for dupes, two of which I've set to do cooking and massaging only. No cooking stations, just microbe pushers with abundance of lice, water and high priority.

User Feedback

Is there enough ingredients to cook? and does the Microbe Mushers have a queue set? The only other thing I can imagine is no one is delivering resources to the microbe mushers due to being busy with other stuff, make the microbe mushers 6 priority and it should be delivered to first...assuming everything is a 5

Share this comment

Yes, there's a giant reservoir of water down below with hundreds of kg of meal lice. The problem keeps occurring to me over and over - at first dupes keep delivering water in right quantities, but after awhile they're stuck in infinite of loop of "delivered 1000g of water".

Both mushers have liceloaves on loop.

I've tried both mushers on priority 9, still doesn't work. Only reloading does the truck

Share this comment

3 minutes ago, Hinforta said:

Yes, there's a giant reservoir of water down below with hundreds of kg of meal lice. The problem keeps occurring to me over and over - at first dupes keep delivering water in right quantities, but after awhile they're stuck in infinite of loop of "delivered 1000g of water".

Both mushers have liceloaves on loop.

I've tried both mushers on priority 9, still doesn't work. Only reloading does the truck

Ahhh the infinite 1kg loop, well this has been fixed in the Outbreak update as dupes no longer collect water with their guns but get it from a manual pump. This prevents this issue entirely.

Share this comment

2 hours ago, AlexRou said:

You can easily get around the 1kg loop by mopping the floors.

It's not just the 1kg loops. After a while, regardless if I've mopped the floors, everyone stops delivering water to mushers, even if there's a reservoir of clean water next to them.

Edited by Hinforta

Share this comment