Trawl net does not apply movement penalty under specific circumstances

Faintly Macabre
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Closed

While the trawl net normally slows the player's movement once equipped, it's possible to bypass this by waiting to craft the trawl net until you're out at sea and first removing the boat's sail so that when crafted the trawl net goes right into the appropriate boat equipment slot. This will prevent the movement speed penalty from being applied.

Steps to Reproduce
Go out to sea, remove your sail, and craft a trawl net, which will immediately be equipped on the boat.

User Feedback

The net slows your boat down as it gets full, so when you attach it, your boat should still be moving at full speed brecause the net is empty. It only slows you down each time it collects things. That all seems to be working as intended as I can see it. 

Was I misunderstanding your report?

Share this comment

Oh, no, you're right. Sorry, lack of observation mixed with some other confusion. I (and presumably the person who edited the wikis, since I took them as gospel and just never noticed before that it's incorrect) saw this

inst.components.equippable.boatspeedmult = TUNING.TRAWLING_SPEED_MULT

in the prefab script. But it seems that boatspeedmult is a non-functioning leftover; the only other place in the entirety of the script collection that even references it is a function that was commented out, presumably because they decided to deal with it another way. My mistake! I'll have to either update the wikis or see about someone else doing so. Sorry to have wasted your time.

Share this comment