Pulled back into fog after looping world edges

cmshaw
  • Version: iOS Pending

Sometimes, when entering the fog at the edge of the world, the character loops around to the far side of the world and then immediately, without re-enabling on-screen controls and therefore without the player having any ability to interrupt this cycle, re-enters the fog and reappears in their original location, minus some sanity and plus some wetness. I thought at first that I was somehow mis-tapping to sent the character back, but it happens a lot and I have carefully tried all sorts of ways to move without being able to do anything. When I use the on-screen virtual stick, it does not appear until the double fog is done. A couple of times I've actually gotten stuck in a loop going back and forth through the fog without any end and had to force-close the game to exit.

Sometimes this doesn't happen, though, and I'm not sure what the difference is.

Steps to Reproduce
This happens very often, but not every time, so I am not sure if there is something else I have to do to cause this. 1. Approach the edge of the world. 2. Enter the fog. 3. Character says their fog-entrance line. 4. Screen goes black. 5. Screen lights up with new location on the other side of the world. 6. Character says their fog-exit line. 7. Before any on-screen controls appear, character says their fog-entrance line. 8. Screen goes black. 9. Screen lights up with old location on the original side of the world. 10. Character says their fog-exit line. 11a. If unlucky, repeat from step 3. OR 11b. On-screen controls appear and the game is responsive to controls again.

User Feedback