Birds no longer spawn Shipwrecked

MultiLinxx
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Hi.  In don't starve shipwrecked a few months ago, I encountered a bug where all birds stopped spawning after reaching Dry Season.  At first, I thought the bug would fix itself however it did notand now this bug happens on every single shipwrecked world I create.  Seagulls do still spawn on the sea where you see their shadows, however.  Currently, I am around day 160 as woodlegs and the glitch is still continuing.  If anyone is curious I am not playing with mods right now however the glitch still  happens with mods on.   I was not playing with mods when the glitch started and this bug does not happen in a regular or ROG world.

Also as a quick note, I found a file called birds in the game files so maybe that has something to do with it?

Capture.PNG

Steps to Reproduce
As far as I can tell, not everyone experiences this glitch but it happens by the start of Dry Season when it does happen
  • Like 2

User Feedback

Hi at the beginning of the game there were birds but Beginning Dry season  They were disappearance but I heard it  only 

but seagulls still spawn 

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 2/28/2017 at 2:14 AM, M.A.L.A.T.H said:

Hi at the beginning of the game there were birds but Beginning Dry season  They were disappearance but I heard it  only 

but seagulls still spawn 

For me I don't even hear the birds, they are completely gone.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I have this problem now, playing with Wormwood in Shipwrecked, birds with seeds did not respawn after Dry Season. Makes it even harder for Wormwood. Is there a workaround?

Edit: One of two changes I made fixed it: In a new world I enabled Dragoon Eggs and I also removed a mod by DYC which (deliberately?) corrupts game files. Also watch out for mods by Yiyu.
Since I've had the mod before, it may have been the disabled Dragoon Eggs to cause the bug, though. Since the eruption happens, but no eggs fall down, the game could be stuck in eruption mode. Further indicator of this would be, that the volcano stayed smoking hot, even into the following monsoon season, before I abandoned the save.

Edited by Lamprolydia
New info

Share this comment