Cant travel between caves after i get out of it

madskull
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

after i got abducted by the BFB, i traveled back to my original island using the sinkhole in the skyland island, after of getting off i wanted to return for a few things i left behind due my inventory was full, but when i returned now all the caves shows the same layout and the entrances disappeared, previously i explored them before and im sure they had a lot of rooms, in the images also it shows a lot of campfires when there is only 1 same with a few stalagmites and the entrance to the deep caves is no where to find despite the map shows it and previously i visited such caves.

2019_05_20 19_58_35.png

2019_05_20 20_04_17.png

Steps to Reproduce
get abducted by the BFB, get off the island, after you leave the caves try return your steps back, you cant due all the previous entrances are bugged/deleted now.

User Feedback

Yikes, that is odd. Could you submit your submit your savegame by going to Main Menu>Options>Report Bug? Mention the saveslot and the issue and I'll have a look at it.

Share this comment

sure, i m going to send it,

*update*

already done, sorry was a little busy.

was playing a little, still the bug remains.

ok... after i send it, it seems it corrupted my save, cant enter to the game anymore, keep "loading".

*new update*

im dumb, i messed my profile save while trying to make a backup, is fixed now, yeah the cave bug still.

Edited by madskull

Share this comment

ok new update about this bug, after being abducted by the BFB .. again on purpose, and running again all the way to the exit to the first island, the entrance/exit to the deep caves is available again, still 2 things:

1.- still seeing false "ghost" icons in my map

2.- some way the bug triggers when you transition areas like your house and other caves/ruins.

*New Update*

i think i can reproduce the bug: 

1.-make the BFB abduct you.

2.-enter the sinkhole.

3.-find your way out of the caves.

4.-in the cave's main chamber (the one with the exit to the surface and with the creepy giant hole), build anything.

5.-go to another cave(s).

6.- repeat step 4.

7.- return to the original cave linked to the BFB nest.

8.- PROFIT bug enabled : all the buildings you built in other caves shows in a single map layout and all the entrances to the deep caves are now deleted/bugged.

extra step: get abducted by the BFB again, get out of the cave, the entrance is temporally fixed, until you enter to another cave, otherwise the original cave linked to the BFB nest still working  .

tested in a new game. it triggers 2/3 time.

Edited by madskull

Share this comment

Hi, I looked at your submitted report but it's in a really weird shape, as if it was a mix of a backup and current save, or a mix of beta and regular branch (the files show only a Hamlet save on slot one, but the game shows a ROG save on slot 1 and a Hamlet save on slot 2).

Could I ask you submit it once more, I'd really like to take a look at this.

Share this comment

thanks for checking them, already send again the hamlet one in slot 2. dang it... already deleted the new one (slot 3) where you can recreate the bug, let me do it again and sent it, in a few minutes.

Share this comment

ok i recreate the bug save slot 3, used the console to have a few gears, coffee, cane (speed boost to find caves), and the bird whistle to call the BFB. built 3 structures, 2 campires and 1 science machine, each one in different caves, the one linked to the BFB nest has 2 signs outside. the entrance to the deep caves disappear time to time when switching caves but not sure what trigger it.

1 hour ago, bizziboi said:

Hi, I looked at your submitted report but it's in a really weird shape, as if it was a mix of a backup and current save, or a mix of beta and regular branch (the files show only a Hamlet save on slot one, but the game shows a ROG save on slot 1 and a Hamlet save on slot 2).

about the backup, i have the habit of creating backups of my games time to time to avoid losing data or progress (due to bugs) in games like this, after the bug hit me i made a backup, played a few minutes trying to find what caused it, after i dont find the cause, i returned the old backup to my folder (2 days ingame). then reported it.

my cousin owns DST and DS full collection, i only had DS vanilla, Shipwrecked and RoG, and she was one of the fortunate to enter the DSH closed beta, but she never tried the game, i played it in her house a few weeks ago and had a few days of progress (day 20 ingame) and the beta ended, after of that, i bought the hamlet DLC when went live, i asked her to send me my save file with my progress . and continued to play to day 60 where the bug triggered.

so possibly its the combination of all that, but still happening in a pure one also.  

extra:

was thinking...maaaaaaybe it contribute to bug the game. if i loved to abuse the lighting from the thunderbirds to have massive stacks of "overload" for days and to clean waves of vampire bats? and i mean my WX-78 its pretty addict to them, no sure how many stacks he has but maybe it contribute to bug  the game? 

Edited by madskull

Share this comment

Thanks, saw your submitted report and this one was complete - thanks!

Just to be sure, based on the report it seems that this happens for you in every (or many perhaps) worlds? 

Investigating.

I really appreciate your help :)

Edited to add: I doubt the overload has anything to do with it, but so far I am unable to reproduce the issue.

the entrance to the deep caves disappear time to time when switching caves but not sure what trigger it.

One more question - you say 'time to time', do you mean it ever comes back? Or just that there seems no logical thing that causes it?

Sorry, trying to get as much info as I can get!

Share this comment

50 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

Thanks, saw your submitted report and this one was complete - thanks!

Just to be sure, based on the report it seems that this happens for you in every (or many perhaps) worlds? 

Investigating.

I really appreciate your help :)

Edited to add: I doubt the overload has anything to do with it, but so far I am unable to reproduce the issue.

One more question - you say 'time to time', do you mean it ever comes back? Or just that there seems no logical thing that causes it?

Sorry, trying to get as much info as I can get!

sorry maybe i phrased that wrong and caused a little of confusion due lack of info, but yes, i mean the bug triggers when doing the previous steps i mentioned before, and sometimes 1/20 times the entrance returns (i do other things like farming, lightning baths<--- yeah its a thing with WX-78, ruin exploring, etc. and take a peek to the cave if im near) but if i get out and enter back it disappears again and the building icons from the other caves map/layout still remains, the safe way is traveling back to the BFB island and travel back all the way into the tunnels to temporally fix/spawn the entrance.

About if happens in new worlds? yes, i send a save (slot 3) with 2 days ingame with the same bug, the entrance in the cave to the BFB disappered 2 times but it got back after i enter to another cave/ruins. it was a new "clean" world.

did you try to recreate it with the steps i put before? i asked my cousin if she can recreate it and the result was only part of it: the icons bugged from other caves shared in a single cave map (this one is easy), but she still having the cave's entrance unaffected. no idea what is triggering it in my worlds then.

Edited by madskull

Share this comment

I believe this should be fixed for the next patch, but please let me know if you still manage to reproduce it.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment