Weevole Mantle does not affect other items.

TheMetalMan
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

After I read on the Wiki that the Weevole Mantle will "eliminates the movement speed reduction caused by fog", I thought this would be incredible useful as Webber since it allows the use of the Shamlet Mask and not to be slowed down.

But when the fog appeared, it did not allow me to move normally when wearing a Hat, when I took the hat off however, I could move normally again.
Should I be able to move with regular speed with a hat on, or does the Mantle only affect itself? If not, maybe add that to the Wiki.

20181209125903_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Wear Weevole Mantle, wait for Fog, be slowed down with Hat.

User Feedback

The wiki isn't run by Klei. It's just made up of what some people think is right. The Weevole Mantle is NOT meant to let you move around at normal speed with a hat fog. It's just meant to not cause fog slowness if worn by itself. According to the code, it is "vented" rather than "venting" (which is what the pith hat is). It is easy to mistake the two when taking a quick glance at the code (especially without testing it in-game, which is common with the wiki's information and causes many, many inaccuracies like this one).

Edited by Electroely
  • Like 2

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Electroely said:

The wiki isn't run by Klei. It's just made up of what some people think is right. The Weevole Mantle is NOT meant to let you move around at normal speed with a hat fog. It's just meant to not cause fog slowness if worn by itself. According to the code, it is "vented" rather than "venting" (which is what the pith hat is). It is easy to mistake the two when taking a quick glance at the code (especially without testing it in-game, which is common with the wiki's information and causes many, many inaccuracies like this one).

Screw me then

Share this comment