Log texture in inventory doesn't show birch texture AGAIN

Charsis
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Fixed

It is odd, but first there was no new birch texture for log in inventory. Then later it was change, may be by accident, because didn't see any bug fix log saying that. Now it back again after Aporkalipse added and log has old texture in inventory in Hamlet world. Pretty sure it supposed to have birch texture in inventory the same as is on ground.

Also small suggestion; could we have birch board texture, and may be some thing like machine have wood in birch color? May be birch-color sapling and twig too?

Steps to Reproduce
* Start Hamlet world * Get axe, chop down tree that drop logs, logs on ground should have birch color * pick up log, it has old texture you see in SW and RoG/DS (brown)

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

@Jason I think just new texture was made for log here, but I'm pretty sure it was a different one and one that looked way better and similar to normal brown log one. I looked through my screenshots, looks like I didn't take screenshot when the texture was first visible in game sadly :(

Also it look a bit weird boards not having a similar texture too. You could may be do with logs as what is done for ``pig skin`` and vampire ``pig skin?`` by having brown trees drop brown log and white trees drop white log, but both log can stack together and change texture based on original stack. ROG deciduous trees could have white log loot as well :) 

• Like 1

Share this comment