Global Hidden Room reveal via single Unimportant Pillar

Viktor234
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Mining Unimportant Pillars in Ancient Pig Ruin 'A' can reveal Hidden Rooms in another Ancient Pig Ruin 'B' (unconfirmed if it happens only if 'B' has been visited before the pillars in Ruin 'A' had been mined).

Steps to Reproduce
Visit a Pig Ruin, find a not yet revealed Hidden Room, mine the Pillars in another Pig Ruin.

User Feedback

Could you attach your save game? I suspect it meets a certain criteria in level generation that causes this and I'd like to verity. I also have code sitting here that should address it, I'd like to verity that.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

9 hours ago, bizziboi said:

Could you attach your save game? I suspect it meets a certain criteria in level generation that causes this and I'd like to verity. I also have code sitting here that should address it, I'd like to verity that.

even without important pillars, hidden rooms can revealed some time later. 

just enter the ruin later. 

that is intended?

Edited by willowdead

Share this comment

@bizziboi: I just managed to reproduce the bug, it works as intended:

I entered the Pig City Ruins and scouted the whole Ruin:

image.thumb.png.a42b79dee43974e8784c7615e4b81773.png

Afterwards I searched in the Pig City Island for a Ruin to mine an Unimportant Pillar, sadly there weren't any Ruins available so I just went back to the starting Island, entered Ruins 'B' and mined a Pillar right next to the Entrance. Then I returned to the Pig City Ruins and looked at the Map again:

image.thumb.png.9ffc76178bbcbd9aed03f9701c583707.png

As we can see: Mining the Pillar in Ruins 'B' did open the hidden Rooms in Ruins 'Pig City'.

I returned to a Ruins 'A' which I scouted before Ruins 'Pig City' and saw that the hidden Rooms in Ruins 'A' were opened too! Then I went to another Ruins 'C' which wasn't scouted at all, I scouted it:

image.thumb.png.8b0d96af66fa5f3618650bb0470d4742.png

Mined the Pillars and as we can see:

image.thumb.png.07ce33be26f3d86dad58cc201f471355.png

The secret Rooms had been revealed. Then I returned to Ruins 'B' where I already mined a Pillar, scouted every room and found some suspicious cracks. After I scouted every room in Ruins 'B', I mined exactly the same Pillar once again and the secret Rooms in Ruins 'B' had been revealed.

So: If you find any entrance to a Secret Room you can mine any Unimportant Pillar in any Ruins ingame to open the entrance but you need to find the entrance before mining the Pillar, otherwise the room won't be revealed.

@bizziboi: I just uploaded my game files but I'm using the mod 'Moar Save Slots' and the Save Slots (1-15, top to bottom) where I reproduced the Bug are No. 9 and 15. The Bug can be reproduced pretty easy so dunno if there's any need for them.

Edited by Viktor234
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment