completely stuck in place on reload (fixed)

thisisGermy
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

*as of the recent update, this is no longer a problem!*

this happened in a 200+ day old save file with mods, so i tried to see if i could recreate it without any mods. this has never happened before.

i dont even know how to word it, but it seems that getting to a day past 200, saving your game inside a built in room while in the middle of monsoon season, then loading back in, completely freezes the game. i saved during the start of monsoon season and it loaded in fine (not sure if it's important or not, but i waited until it was raining to save. at least on the second try). i dont know if it's that specific and happens in the middle of every season while saving in a built-in room, but its frozen both with and without mods at that (roughly) exact spot, so maybe it's the monsoon season thats the problem? while youre frozen, your hunger drains, which can kill you.

ive reloaded a bunch of times - on one reload, time started moving, i could turn my character from side to side and inspect things but couldnt move around, and on the second, i was just completely frozen again. probably not important, but packim' disappeared on a reload too. i guess he knew what was coming.

so i guess dont save in an interior room in shipwrecked while it's monsoon season? that sounds like a very specific curse. thank you, i hope this helps!

Untitled.png

asd.png

Steps to Reproduce
save and reload in an interior room while in the middle of monsoon season in a file thats past 200 days

User Feedback

Could you go to the main menu>Options>Report Bug and submit a report? Mention the issue and the saveslot and it should upload your savegame for us to look at - I have saved in interiors 100's of times so it must be something specific.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

1 hour ago, bizziboi said:

Could you go to the main menu>Options>Report Bug and submit a report? Mention the issue and the saveslot and it should upload your savegame for us to look at - I have saved in interiors 100's of times so it must be something specific.

hello! i saw there was a recent update (like probably half an hour after this happened to me), and whatever the update was seems to have fixed the frozen problem, since the file with the mods is working fine now and i cant seem to recreate this modless like i could (plus in those screenshots i died because of hunger, just to see if i could). im sorry for the inconvenience, but thank you for fixing it anyway!

• Like 1

Share this comment