Aporkalypse and World hopping problems

FreyaMaluk
  • Version: PC/MAC/Linux Pending

Moving from a suggestion post from April 2 ---

-----

I'm a bit worried (specially for new players) when starting in other places different to Hamlet and don't immediately jump before day 61 to check the aporkalypse calendar. 

Rn the day count and seasons are synced in new worlds and if you jump from RoG or SW to Hamlet after day 61, you are probs gonna be in the middle of the Aporkalypse and Hamlet is pretty much gonna be in that season be permanently until u find the calendar.

This event is a problem for world hopping cuz it isn't very likely people are gonna survive very long in the middle of the Aporkalypse while trying to look for the calendar that assuming they aren't very familiar with Hamlet late game and because there isn't really a sign in RoG and SW to warn you the Aporkalypse is about to start in Hamlet

I think that some kind or rework to the world hopping mechanics needs to happen to adjust for Hamlet.. Or simply change how the aporkalypse works... Dunno really... Maybe desynching makes more sense now.. (sorry devs ik you worked hard to make them synchronize T_T) 

IMO the only viable way to do it is to undeniably start in Hamlet, look for calendar before day 61, and have to always come back to Hamlet through the calender's location to stop the aporkalypse in case you stayed for a while in other worlds.

Or if you want a challenge, start in Hamlet after day 61 and look for the calendar while the aporkalypse season is in full swing... You simply prepare like hell and try to get to the calendar.. But that's a bit jikes to expect from all players. 

As for rn, the aporkalypse mechanics feel a bit limiting in terms of where you want to start your world and how much time you want to spend there if you want to make it compatible with Hamlet. Also dunno really if syncing seasons now with Hamlet is gonna work long term.

----------

Edit.. This is probs a good idea on how to deal with the problem brought by @Ellilea 

Wouldn't it work if simply the Aporkalypse timer was a separate one that triggers only once player enters the Hamlet world? Personally I wouldn't mind if it only ticked while one is in Hamlet to prevent some annoying "forced" management when someone wants to just peace out and do stuff elsewhere and doesn't want to deal with Apork.

Also another important aspect is that the Skyworthy doesn't have the "merge with other saves" menu. So merging with other save files only works with the Seaworthy as for now.

EDIT

One user already reported this in the forums asking for help... but consoles don't have commands to solve this !!

Steps to Reproduce
fix performance for players playing blind coming to Hamlet after day 61, add a special timer for hamlet that doesn't punish new players in hamlet after day 61.. check desc

User Feedback

One solution is to alt f4 when you reach hamlet on day 61. It resets aporkalypse. Thats what I did with my hamlet world. But it isn't a great solution.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Sidg62 said:

One solution is to alt f4 when you reach hamlet on day 61. It resets aporkalypse. Thats what I did with my hamlet world. But it isn't a great solution.

Yeap.. Ive heard about this already.. It's a nice workaround.. But console people don't have that option.. 

BTW is this still working in the interiors beta?

Edited by FreyaMaluk

Share this comment

6 hours ago, FreyaMaluk said:

BTW is this still working in the interiors beta?

Not sure about this, haven't tried it. It should work though. 

Share this comment

@FreyaMaluk

"Also another important aspect is that the Skyworthy doesn't have the "merge with other saves" menu. So merging with other save files only works with the Seaworthy as for now."

I am confused about this. I just started a SW world on slot 3, built a skyworthy and merged my Hamlet world from slot 2 to it. Am I misunderstanding what you say?

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

51 minutes ago, bizziboi said:

@FreyaMaluk

"Also another important aspect is that the Skyworthy doesn't have the "merge with other saves" menu. So merging with other save files only works with the Seaworthy as for now."

I am confused about this. I just started a SW world on slot 3, built a skyworthy and merged my Hamlet world from slot 2 to it. Am I misunderstanding what you say?

I already described this in another bug report from April 2

edit. this has been fixed... it wasn't possible at the time I reported tho.. ty so much :)

20190506212724_1.thumb.jpg.d4616c3f1a0ca917a0abdbe8e430beb9.jpg

are you guys considering doing something about the Aporkalypse issues with world hopping?

Edited by FreyaMaluk

Share this comment