You can't plant Seaweed Stalk or Mussel Beds in Hamlet Ponds

Pumking7
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Hamlet Pending

You cannot plant either Seaweed Stalks or Mussel Beds in Hamlets Ponds when you can place a multitude of other structures in the ponds. Although Seaweed Stalks and Mussel Beds require shallow water, Hamlets Ponds are shallow enough to see lost relics at the bottom of the pond when standing at surface level. (I am curious whether this is intentional or not)

Steps to Reproduce

1. Hold a Seaweed Stalk or Mussel bed over Hamlet's ponds.

2. Notice you cannot plant them in the water.

• Like 3

User Feedback

I think they need the ocean salt to survive, which is something Lily Pond doesn't have. But they can add action-fail quotes for every character for reasons why Seaweed Stalks or Mussel Beds can't plant on the pond.

Edited by KXWl1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 1/29/2023 at 12:47 PM, KXWl1 said:

I think they need the ocean salt to survive, which is something Lily Pond doesn't have.

I do agree it wouldn't make sense in context of the game, however its inconsistent with other structures, mainly fish farms and coral nubbins, that one would assume need sea water in order to work properly. I hope this doesn't mean that fish farms and coral nubbins would be removed, but instead get to stay along with adding seaweed stalks and mussel beds, even for just decorative purposes it would be nice.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment