Unlike Pigskin, Snakeskin, Snakeskin Sail/Hat/Jacket will only use their "blue" skin in Hamlet and their "red" skin in Rog and SW

Pumking7
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

When bringing snakeskin or any of the snakeskin craftables that can be made from SW/RoG to HAM or HAM to SW/RoG the skin of the item will change due to the worlds conditions on snakeskin. This is unlike pigskin which whether it is "Pig Skin?" or Pig Skin it will remain the same skin regardless of what world it is brought into. 

(It seems like the two types of pigskins are their own items, but snakeskin and all of its items are the same item making them dependent on the world not the items skin. Maybe if the blue Snakeskin, Snakeskin hat, Snakeskin Sail, and Snakeskin Jacket were all their own items it could fix this issue?)

Steps to Reproduce

Bring Pig skin? and Pig skin along with Snakeskin, Snakeskin hat, Snakeskin Sail, and Snakeskin Jacket to HAM to SW/Rog and back, notice how the variety of pig skin keeps its skin but the snakeskin items do not.

User Feedback

Honestly the way they dealt with variants in ds is such a mess I hate it, its so inconsistent and messy.

Even worse because they did things like have two grass colours in hamlet but not deal with the grass items changing.

Also bathide is not really a separate item its just a prefab that spawns another prefab in its place really messy.

In order to fix this they would have to change how it all works, maybe add something like IA's visualvariant component and ngl I doubt thats going to happen...

• Like 1

Share this comment

Honestly I really wish some of the cut variant were added back.

Theres a lot of misc stuff in the files like black ox fur and such but I do wish these were added, especially that tea tree log:

GroundTeatreeLog.webp

Shark_Tooth.webp

• Like 1

Share this comment

1 hour ago, HalfEnder776 said:

Honestly I really wish some of the cut variant were added back.

Theres a lot of misc stuff in the files like black ox fur and such but I do wish these were added, especially that tea tree log:

GroundTeatreeLog.webp

Shark_Tooth.webp

I want the Rainforest tree log inventory image, that's replaced by the tree tea one in March 2019.

Edited by KXWl1

Share this comment

15 hours ago, KXWl1 said:

I want the Rainforest tree log inventory image, that's replaced by the tree tea one in March 2019.

I knew that the inventory image was of the tea tree log but I just assumed there never was a rainforest log inventory image because theres nothing left in the files....

What a mess....

All I can do is hope that it will be fixed but I really doubt it...

• Like 1

Share this comment