Players can interact with objects in HAM's fog

KXWl1
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Hamlet Pending

This is similar to 'Players can use action key in complete dark'. Again I think this is bug. Plz klei, the similar bug for DST's sandstorm is fixed. We want it to be fixed in single-player.

relevant codes: component files ''playeractionpicker", "playercontroller".

Possible solutions: CanEntitySeeTarget and/or CanEntitySeePoint in scripts/simutil.

Steps to Reproduce

1. waits for fog starts

2. You can check something characters can't see due to fog.

• Sad 1

User Feedback

This is similar to 'Players can use action key in complete dark'

And as I said in that """bug""" report: this isn't a bug. Now I'm just going to quote my original comment since the argument is very similar"

Being able to act in pitch darkness is a normal thing. It was changed early into DST, presumably so new players / laggy players wouldn't accidentally die to Charlie by pressing Spacebar. (Either way, being able to do actions in the dark is VERY useful in many situations, with the Hamlet Ruins being a fantastic scenario. Seriously, the amount of times in an average session I use a Torch to stay productive at night, unequip, swap to a tool, and do something is massive.) Getting killed in DST because you can't interact in pitch darkness was always a cheap death.

So again, this isn't a bug. It's intentional design. Just like how it was changed in DST to help laggy players.

Additionally, this one can easily be hand-waved by basic object permanence... "Object permanence means that a child understands that things, and people, still exist even when they cannot be seen or heard." This is something a human child learns around 8 months old. Just because you can't see "it," it makes sense that your character could assume "it" is still where "it" last was, or near that area. Honestly, if you want to go down this rabbit hole, start arguing that players shouldn't be able to open the map in darkness or fog.

Please stop trying to make DS feel worse to play. Thank you.

• Like 2

Share this comment

This may be a feature removed in DST. Even though DST doesn't allow such interaction, it can still be bypassed. That said, however, inspection can have unique quote like "I can't see things in thick fog", similar to Wagstaff's.

• Like 2
  • Sanity 1
  • Big Ups 1

Share this comment