Entering the shipwrecked volcano wiped my entire world progress

Hmd Hunter
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Shipwrecked Pending

I was playing shipwrecked and found the volcano, when i entered in it did the usual loading generation screen it does when first entering the volcano, but when it finished loading, i had nothing in my slots, the days survived was set to 0 and the day count was at 1 ( even though you could see it was early monsoon) and when i exited out the volcano, the boat i used to enter in broke and drowned, thus losing my save over some weird bug even though i had a touch stone active, it did not revive me as well. I encountered this after the 10 year QOL update solo DS received, maybe when it had updated something broke (like it usually does whenever an update happens) and caused this to happen. I just hope this gets fixed so that it doesn't happen to me again or to other people.

image.png

Steps to Reproduce

Apparently just entering in the volcano causes this issue, but half of the times this bug doesn't happen, so there could be a main cause of this happening that i dont know of. I haven't checked if a similar situation happens like ROG first entering caves, so it might be more to it, if it helps, here's my mod list, perhaps one of them is causing this bug but i can't really confirm that that's the case since i did test it with all my mods off and it still resets me when entering the volcano

image_2023-05-07_201045047.png

image_2023-05-07_201102166.png

• Sad 2

User Feedback

the bug happens regardless of mods.

i don't know if it will even be patched, but i'll hope @DiogoW or someone else manages to fix it

Share this comment

14 hours ago, Maxposting said:

the bug happens regardless of mods.

i don't know if it will even be patched, but i'll hope @DiogoW or someone else manages to fix it

I see, also i think i pinpointed the issue, when i entered in it at first with some basic stuff in my inventory, it works fine, doesn't delete my inventory, but when i had a spyglass in my inventory, the bug activates and completely resets the volcano and snaps my items, even does the loading anim when first time entering in even though i already entered in it, i dunno if its specifically the spyglass that causes this bug but it's a step in the right direction of figuring out the issue, or maybe im wrong and this bug just happens randomly whenever.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Hmd Hunter said:

I see, also i think i pinpointed the issue, when i entered in it at first with some basic stuff in my inventory, it works fine, doesn't delete my inventory, but when i had a spyglass in my inventory, the bug activates and completely resets the volcano and snaps my items, even does the loading anim when first time entering in even though i already entered in it, i dunno if its specifically the spyglass that causes this bug but it's a step in the right direction of figuring out the issue, or maybe im wrong and this bug just happens randomly whenever.

share a log of your game, it should be accessible in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve as a plain log.txt file
this usually helps developers find the issue.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Maxposting said:

share a log of your game, it should be accessible in Documents\Klei\DoNotStarve as a plain log.txt file
this usually helps developers find the issue.

log.txt

Share this comment

i managed to reproduce the bug by simply using the volcano on a clear profile, which causes the volcano world itself to regenerate and the character to be wiped
i have attached a log (i have used console commands to teleport to the volcano, rest was left clear)
log.txt

interestingly enough, everytime the volcano is entered, it generates a drowning obituary in the morgue

image.thumb.png.98d79c8d3d1c6e4671c68373f70938c9.png

the bug happens regardless if hamlet dlc is integrated or not.

Edited by Maxposting

Share this comment

interestingly enough, entering the volcano when on land (via cheats) doesn't reproduce the bug

it seems like an issue related to being on boats and going to the volcano

Share this comment