If a coconade explodes inside of a root trunk the explosion happens at 0,0,0

Steps to Reproduce

Go to 0,0,0

Craft a coconade and a root trunk

Light the coconade and place it in the trunk

Watch as the explosion happens at 0,0,0

• Like 3

User Feedback

Where else would it explode? (Aside from the obvious answer of, "The Root Trunk you put it in.") Would every Root Trunk explode? If so, that's gonna be a pain to code, and my sympathies go out for the daring developer that takes this approach, the edge case testing alone is gonna be rough.

Share this comment

This is really what the devs omitted. They should have taken deliberate consideration into the identity of the shadow dimension, the root trunk space. Now both have been arbitrarily mapped to (0,0,0) that had caused trouble for chester, tamed beefalo and other followers, heat stone, exlosives and others who have a connection to items inside.

• Like 1

Share this comment

12 hours ago, KCDA said:

Where else would it explode? (Aside from the obvious answer of, "The Root Trunk you put it in.") Would every Root Trunk explode? If so, that's gonna be a pain to code, and my sympathies go out for the daring developer that takes this approach, the edge case testing alone is gonna be rough.

I just disabled the explosion in Island adventures if the coconade explodes inside waxwells pocket dimension

11 hours ago, Rickzzs said:

This is really what the devs omitted. They should have taken deliberate consideration into the identity of the shadow dimension, the root trunk space. Now both have been arbitrarily mapped to (0,0,0) that had caused trouble for chester, tamed beefalo and other followers, heat stone, exlosives and others who have a connection to items inside.

Honestly wouldnt be suprised if it happens in dst for waxwells pocket dimension aswell...

Share this comment