Bug B' Gone can't poison/kill a lot of "bugs" found throughout game

Pumking7
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Vanilla - NO DLC, Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Closed

Despite being named "Bug' B Gone" the respective item only affects/kills a select few "bugs" (These bugs only occur in Hamlet)

*As a side note Poison Mosquito's are immune to Bug B' Gone but also immune to poison, so it seems intended. 

The Bugs this item can affect are:

• Scorpion
  • Mosquito
  • Mant
  • Weevole
  • Rabid Beetle
  • Glowbug

The Bugs this item cannot affect are:

• Spider
  • Spider Warrior
  • Dangling Depth Dweller
  • Spitter
  • Cave Spider
  • Spider monkey
  • Bees
  • Killer Bees
  • Mant Warrior
  • Depth Worm
  • Giant Grub
  • Dung Beetle
  • Glommer
  • Dragonfly

Steps to Reproduce

1. Try and use Bug' B Gone on any of the mobs listed, note how they are not poisoned and do not die after a period of time

• Like 1

User Feedback

Spiders are arguably not bugs; Webber has a line of dialogue arguing the point. Depths worms are also not something I would have thought of as a bug, although I'd be glad for anything that helps kill them, honestly.

The rest of those would make sense. Maybe also the Dragonfly. I don't think it would be overpowered if the gas cloud worked on a boss, because it doesn't last that long and she has a large health pool, so one use wouldn't kill her.

• Like 1

Share this comment

I think just poisoning the high health bugs would be best, like dragonfly or Mants.

Edited by Nickolai
  • Like 1

Share this comment

16 minutes ago, CameoAppearance said:

Spiders are arguably not bugs; Webber has a line of dialogue arguing the point.

I definitely agree with you, however, scorpions will get poisoned and die from Bug B' Gone, and since scorpions and spiders are both arachnids it was more highlighted for the sake of consistency.

Share this comment

14 minutes ago, Pumking7 said:

I definitely agree with you, however, scorpions will get poisoned and die from Bug B' Gone, and since scorpions and spiders are both arachnids it was more highlighted for the sake of consistency.

Fair enough! I didn't notice that scorpions were on the list.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment