Being Were-Wilba during the first Aporkalypse can cause softlock

Falkenpelz
  • DLC VERSION - IMPORTANT!: Reign of Giants, Shipwrecked, Hamlet Pending

This is more of a design oversight than a bug, but it is quite a nuissance. Worldgeneration sometimes places the biome with the Aporkalypse calendar ruins behind a pond biome, meaning you need a boat to get there. If you are not wearing the necklace as Wilba when Aporkalypse starts, you're stuck as a werepig till the end of it, so you can't drive boats and therefore have no way of ever getting to the calendar, which softlocks you in an eternal Aporkalypse. If I'm just overlooking a feature that can get Wilba over the pond, please tell me, but right now it doesn't seem like it.

Steps to Reproduce

Play the Steam Version with all DLCs enabled, create a Hamlet world with calendar ruins ('pig_ruins_entrance5') generated on the other side of a pond, pick Wilba, turn into a werepig during the first Aporkalypse and then you cannot cross the water to get to the calendar.

User Feedback

All I can think of to try is

1) Zap yourself with a Telelocator Staff and hope you get lucky (can Wilba actually use those? I don't have her unlocked)

2) Build the Skyworthy and escape to RoG or Shipwrecked to wait out the were-form timer. Hope you already got the Can of Silly String.

3) Give up on your Hamlet world and build the Wooden Thing.

Share this comment