World's Look Different

abeorabhi
  • Pending

So whenever I join my friend's game, I notice that our worlds look completely different. I can walk on water, trees appear to be on water, etc. The world that is generated on my friend's computer, is very different from the world that is appearing on mine. Not only that, but I also have lag issues (even though we live in the same house and use the same internet). Any help or advise on this would be much appreciated. Thanks!

P.S. I've attached a screenshot of what it looks like.

screenshot.png

Steps to Reproduce
Playing the game, trying to figure out if there were any server issues. Has been occuring for quite a while.

User Feedback

One thing I saw in the past was that the host may have their "My Documents" folder, or the "Klei" folder within it, set to "hidden".

Whoever created the server (sounds like it was your friend)... right-click on "My Documents" or the "Klei" folder in it, select "Properties", and see if the "hidden" box is checked. Un-check it if so, click Apply, then OK. Start a new server, and see if the problem persists.

@Zillvr I remember seeing you add a number of suggestions to past bug reports of the same thing, but can't find the posts anymore. Do you recall some of the other fixes from back in the day?

Share this comment