World creation ignores some of the settings

sergiy101
  • Closed

- I have the maximum number of tumbleweeds set. (Tons)  =>  Tumbleweed appears only in the desert and in small quantities (as if there setup 'default')

- Noticed other people's comments on the forum with the same problem => link in forum

What I tried: Create world more than 15 times (with mods, without mods, set all parameters as default except tumbleweeds)

When problem was appeared: After last update with changing 'world generations window' => [Game Update] - 455433

Have a nice day!

Steps to Reproduce

1) Start create new world.

2) Set the parameter 'Tumbleweeds' to 'Tons'.

3) Done. Tumbleweed appears only in the desert and in small quantities (as if there setup 'default').

User Feedback

nothing seems wrong to me, doing a count from normal compared to tons, I get 14(normal) vs 31(tons) spawners, which greatly increases the amount of tumbleweeds in the world.

• Like 1

Share this comment

But why they apear only in desert? Before update if I increase amount of them then they will apear in all map

14 hours ago, zarklord_klei said:

nothing seems wrong to me, doing a count from normal compared to tons, I get 14(normal) vs 31(tons) spawners, which greatly increases the amount of tumbleweeds in the world.

But why they apear only in desert? Before update if I increase amount of them then they will apear in all map

Share this comment

"All things set to more than default still stay in the right biomes" - I set tumbleweeds to tons but they apeared only in desert.

For example when I set Clockworks to lots (less then tons) then they will apear in all biomes, in all map.

1 hour ago, Mom2bljw said:

This was in the newest update. All things set to more than default still stay in the right biomes

Edited by sergiy101

Share this comment

11 minutes ago, sergiy101 said:

"All things set to more than default still stay in the right biomes" - I set tumbleweeds to tons but they apeared only in desert.

For example when I set Clockworks to lots (less then tons) then they will apear in all biomes, in all map.

clockworks has not a specific biome, like tumbleweeds (dragonfly's desert), reeds(marsh biome) or beefalos on savanna.. ;-;

Share this comment

32 minutes ago, sergiy101 said:

Clockworks are special, as they have no native biome, it was either spawn them everywhere, or have no toggle at all, I think everyone would prefer the former over the latter.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

OK, understood. Can I change this logic somehow?

(Appears only in their biomes if an increased amount is set, as it was before the last update)

Share this comment

22 hours ago, sergiy101 said:

Clockwork don't have a biome they only spawn in when set to normal. Tumbleweeds do. 

Share this comment