Wes builder_tag missing for all balloonomancy recipes

CarlZalph
  • Pending

As it stands the recipes defined in scripts/recipes.lua for balloons_empty, balloon, balloonspeed, balloonparty, balloonvest, and balloonhat are all missing the builder_tag parameter to lock these to Wes.

This makes it so any character can craft these items at any time (provided you make the balloons_empty first).

Steps to Reproduce

Either send the RPCs to build the recipes directly or edit the UI to display them by clearing the owner_tag field.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

User Feedback

Wait, custom tabs' owner tag was trusted to clients this entire time?

I think they should add a server-side check for tab tags instead, as some mods are probably vulnerable to this issue.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Tykvesh said:

Wait, custom tabs' owner tag was trusted to clients this entire time?

I think they should add a server-side check for tab tags instead, as some mods are probably vulnerable to this issue.

It used to be 100% client-side checks to stop people from crafting the stuff after you prototyped it as the character.  But even those had both the builder_tag and owner_tag set appropriately.  That was fixed, so even prototyping doesn't work.  This bug is that they forgot to add the builder_tag like all of the other character-specific crafting stuff.

• Like 1

Share this comment

31 minutes ago, CarlZalph said:

Yes I got that, but I meant that there are probably mods where recipes locked out via a tab tag only. Which as it turns out is client-side, therefore prone to exploits.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Tykvesh said:

Yes I got that, but I meant that there are probably mods where recipes locked out via a tab tag only. Which as it turns out is client-side, therefore prone to exploits.

I see.

Well if it's any solace to know, a lot of mods fail to properly sanitize their RPCs they create causing crashes, exploits, etc.  It's up to the modder to make sure their programming is proper.

• Sanity 2

Share this comment