Using quick drop action doesn't keep the position you were facing (like before)

. . .
  • Closed

Before the latest patch when you dropped an item using the new quick drop action it would keep the position you were facing which I think was very nice detail, but now with the latest patch when you use the quick drop action you always face a certain angle no matter what position which you were facing which hopefully is a bug if it isn't that sucks :-(..

Hopefully it can be fixed/changed for players to keep their facing angle when quick dropping again?

Steps to Reproduce

quick drop an item

• Like 1

User Feedback

Not an issue, plenty of actions do this, and having your character face a certain way doesn't impact anything, since turning is instant and you don't have momentum.

Changed Status to Closed

• Thanks 1
  • Sad Dupe 2

Share this comment

it was an immersive detail (I use mod which makes player drop item in front of them instead of right where they stand so it was looked much better and immersive with it) all need to do is remove GetPosition() from DropItemFromInvTile, oh well :-(

• Like 2

Share this comment

I understand the technical side of what you meant but I feel it does matter, just a tiny bit.

Kinda keeps the player immersed just a BIT more. It's a bit of polish, at that. Keeping things pretty to the eyes even if there is no impact.

I mean, they did go and make custom facing equip anims (Absent from DST?) for DS/DLCs, little stuff like that are nice.
EDIT: On that note I'm not saying to sacrifice time put into fixing bugs but it is nice to preserve or keep polish when it can be.

Edited by -Variant
Yeah, I did that thing where I forgot my wacky note at the end.
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment