unable to place or drop items

Sarabear06
  • Fixed

My issue started right after the update where I am unable to place pine cones or anything into the ground or drop any items when my inventory is full. 

Steps to Reproduce

I will play for a while and then all of a sudden when i try to place something down it will flicker and won't let me do it

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I can confirm this. I thought it's because of a mod, but it's not. 

Basically almost everything becomes untargetable. Can't chop, open chest, put bird in cage, open crockpot, etc.

The interesting part is that it's some sort of "refreshing" that's blocking the objects. If you try to plant a cone and don't move your mouse, you can see the "plant" quickly becoming available and then unavailable. Also, the blocker is in the shape of a rectangle that is somewhat the same size of scoreboard. Try installing any zoom mod and zoom out, you will be able to plant on the edges of screen ( outside of scoreboard's borders ).

PS: It might be related to pipspook. Everytime I abandon it, it works fine.

Edited by JackJohnsn

Share this comment

I think it's indeed because of the pipspook, I had this issue on the first day of the new update. I was playing as Woodie while the host played as Wendy. Both of us had trouble placing objects or opening chests with a pipspook nearby, but if we rotated the map, it worked somehow. And after we separated, I was able to plant the cones or drop items normally without pipspook around. But the host told me that she couldn't, I think it's because that the pipspook was still following her.

I just generated a new world and tested it with Wendy, and I actually recreated this situation after I found the pipspook and assisted it. After I abandoned it and walked out of its screen, I was able to plant things and drop items again.

20210315151744_1.jpg

20210315151829_1.jpg

Edited by Ichimonji

Share this comment

Confirming this bug. Had the same as Wendy on Linux.
I took Pipspook (clicked to assist him) and went for Glommer statue on day 11. I wanted Glommer flower and took little ghost too far away from grave and toys.
After that I was not able to drop anything on the ground around me within certain area. My camera zoom mod was on and I noticed that it is possible to drop items far away. But not on DST standart camera view area.

UPD: also I almost wasn't able to interract with Chester at this time. Like he's got a smaller ovarlay pixels to interract or so. Somehow I found the right pixel to put items into Chester but thats not playable to search this pixel with the PC mouse.
Related issue here:

Thank you.

Edited by nomind

Share this comment

oh this makes complete sense now. I also have pip with me and will now roll back a day and abandon her and see if it helps. I hope it works as I'm really happy with my camp. Thank you

Share this comment

I've had the same issue; abandoning Pipspook then moving so he is no longer on screen fixed it for me. I'm glad someone found the connection because I've deleted 2-3 servers, but never thought it could've been Pip. However, once I read this I noticed that I do tend to have Pip when this bug occurs. I wish I knew of this before I deleted that first server though :(

Thanks!

Share this comment