Twitch Drops Aren't Working

FurryEskimo
  • Pending

Hi, I'm not sure what's going wrong but I can't seem to get any Twitch drops since the most recent update.  I've double checked and my accounts are linked, I'm logged in, and I've watched more than enough to earn all three drops, but have received nothing..  Some people on the Steam forums said that we need to claim the drops now before we can earn the next drop, but I don't have any drops waiting to be claimed..

Steps to Reproduce

I'm not sure how to reproduce this error...  I'm on Chrome, watching people play DST and awaiting drops but it never happens..

• Like 1

User Feedback

Hello @FurryEskimo, welcome to the forums. With the new way Twitch Drops are implemented now. You have to go to https://www.twitch.tv/drops/inventory to CLAIM your rewards. Be aware that you have to manually CLAIM each reward as you accumulate watch times. Watch time only counts for watching one streamer with Drops Enabled AND for only one Drop at a time.

Without claiming the reward first, no watch time is accumulated for the next reward.

Refer to: https://support.klei.com/hc/en-us/articles/360058591012-How-to-Claim-Twitch-Item-Drops-Earned-for-Don-t-Starve-Together

• Health 1

Share this comment

Thank you very much!  I'm not sure this is an improvement to the system though..  It seems a lot less user friendly, but thank you.

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 3/27/2021 at 5:40 PM, FurryEskimo said:

Thank you very much!  I'm not sure this is an improvement to the system though..  It seems a lot less user friendly, but thank you.

This is by design to stop people from joining a stream and leaving it running for hours. The idea is that you watch and enjoy streams. If you are not afk you can claim them

Share this comment

I understand the intention, but asking people to watch six hours of streamers is silly.  How many people do you think are Actually watching?  This is all probably being done to boost the game’s ratings, not get people to ‘enjoy’ watching streamers.

• Like 1

Share this comment