Terrible lag issues (literally unplayable)

Terra_Zina
  • Pending

So I've been having some awful lag recently since the update dropped.

It's not a latency type of lag. I can move, and if I actually make it to a berry bush, I will pick it in normal speed. But the problem is actually getting to that berry bush in the first place. The game is trying to keep up, but is struggling so hard.

My character and every mob on screen will teleport foward slowly, in a jagged or choppy fashion. If playing on predictive movement, character will rubberband at random. You can walk at normal, not really doing anything, then suddenly you'd teleport a few feet behind you. This has deadly consequences. Especially scary if you have to cross pigs as Webber, literally any hound wave, or, God forbid, the swamp. Never know when you're gonna suddenly teleport backwards and see your character tiptoeing up and down as a tentacle is reaching out to slap you. There's nothing you can do about it. You're gonna die.

This is especially bad once I've gone out sailing, where it's literally unplayable.

My computer is not the greatest, but it did not behave like this during the beta and un-beta. This is a recent thing. I've tried turning off every single client mod I had on (all 4 of them) to see if it'll help. It did not. I had caves on, but I'm not gonna turn off half the content for some mandatory island I wont visit more than once, if at all.

Steps to Reproduce
Literally just started a world with caves on.
  • Sad 2

User Feedback

Same problem also happens to me. Sailing gradually reduces FPS to the point where the game becomes unplayable. Even the menus slow down. I need to disconnect and reconnect. (I'm the host) And I observed that when daily saves occur the process is accelerated, fps drops drastically.

Share this comment

I played a local server game with a friend and got similar problem with this. After sailing for a while, the server became lagging as hell and needed to be reconnected.

Share this comment

@Terra_Zina The log file you attached has a lot of spam that looks like it is caused by a mod. It is spamming every frame, which is not helping your situation. 

@ everyone posting here
Could you please disable all client and server mods. Start a new world without caves enabled and see if the problem can be reproduced. If it does, then please press Backspace, take a screenshot and post it here. Then in the debug console (Press ~) run: TheSim:Profile(1). Now close DST and in your save folder you will find profile.json. Please post that and your new client_log.txt 

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

2 hours ago, ScottHansen said:

@Terra_Zina The log file you attached has a lot of spam that looks like it is caused by a mod. It is spamming every frame, which is not helping your situation.

Weird. Thought turning them all off would be enough. I'll try unsubbing them all of and retrying when I get home.

Share this comment