Tamed spiders sometimes disappear or become untamed on reloading a world.

Jaycred
  • Pending

I created a new world as Webber, immediately placed a den, called out the spiders with the Webby Whistle, and fed one of them, causing all of them to follow me. Restarting the server caused all 3 to disappear, or maybe they actually went back to their den because I was able to immediately call another 3 out with the whistle. I tamed these spiders and restarted the server again after picking one up. Only one of the spiders (not the one in my inventory) had disappeared. The disappearing eventually stopped happening altogether after restarting the server a few times.

I started investigating this due to a similar issue where I was playing Webber with my friends and we rolled back the server to the start of the day. I was walking around with a warrior spider and nurse spider in our base following me at that time. When the world was rolled back and reloaded, the warrior spider was gone and the nurse spider started attacking my friends.

I was using several UI-related client-side mods and the servers I played on had no mods applied to them.

Steps to Reproduce

Create a new world as the server host. Play as Webber.

Plant your Spider Eggs and use the Webby Whistle to call the spiders out (since it should be daytime).

Tame the spiders by feeding one of them Monster Meat.

Disconnect and then resume the world. Observe whether the spiders are still tamed or missing.

Additionally:

Play as Webber and have spiders following you at the start of a day.

Rollback the server to the start of the day. Observe whether the spiders are still tamed or missing.

User Feedback

Can confirm, happening on most recent patch. The spiders just cease to exist. Sometimes you can even enter and exit the cave from the same point and the spiders just... Disappear! Lost over 50 spiders this way in less than one season, really annoying.

Share this comment