Suspicious Peeper attack range

-Variant
  • Fixed

The Suspicious Peepers' attack range seems to be incorrectly set, as they begin attacking too far from the player.
You can idle completely still and they will miss their attack. No other mob has this behavior.
eye.thumb.gif.90d173754c30b652caa4baff12a65347.gif

Steps to Reproduce

Spawn a suspicious peeper, hold completely still and idle, notice they don't hit their attack and miss because of attacking too early.

• Like 1

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Celestial Champion Phase 3 has the same problem, and it's even worse because it doesn't move during an attack

• Like 1

Share this comment

On 8/19/2022 at 11:58 PM, Cassielu said:

Celestial Champion Phase 3 has the same problem, and it's even worse because it doesn't move during an attack

It is similar to Tentacles in the Swamp biome I will leave this as it is. The attack is meant to punish close range players primarily but there is a gap of it starting to attack versus when it can attack as a design. The Peeper has had this threshold reduced a bit so that a player is unable to stand still and not get hit since it is a lunge attack meant as a gap closer.

Changed Status to Fixed

• Like 4

Share this comment

29 minutes ago, JesseB_Klei said:

It is similar to Tentacles in the Swamp biome I will leave this as it is. The attack is meant to punish close range players primarily but there is a gap of it starting to attack versus when it can attack as a design. The Peeper has had this threshold reduced a bit so that a player is unable to stand still and not get hit since it is a lunge attack meant as a gap closer.

Changed Status to Fixed

Uh, I'm not sure I really understand what you're saying. So it sort of a warning to the player to get close and CC's melee attack misses target standing still just like Peeper does but loops forever are working as intended? Well... if I understand correctly, I sincere hope you will reconsider this design. 2 and 3.5 are really awkward numbers, a variety of mobs can attack the CC in this range, including players who use alarming clock or cat tail whips and CC will only try to repeatedly use melee attacks instead of laser attacks. This usually goes on indefinitely until CC dies.

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, Cassielu said:

Uh, I'm not sure I really understand what you're saying. So it sort of a warning to the player to get close and CC's melee attack misses target standing still just like Peeper does but loops forever are working as intended? Well... if I understand correctly, I sincere hope you will reconsider this design. 2 and 3.5 are really awkward numbers, a variety of mobs can attack the CC in this range, including players who use alarming clock or cat tail whips and CC will only try to repeatedly use melee attacks instead of laser attacks. This usually goes on indefinitely until CC dies.

To me the Peeper is directly a bug because the lunge is a gap closer and it was not closing the gap but the phase 3 attack is similar to how a Tentacle operates. From the viewpoint of bugs this would be functioning similar to another creature so I did not touch it. I have passed this specific setup internally to the design team to have a look over but for now it will remain the same.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Share this comment