This is all butchered up.

(Localhost)

IClientFriends::SetRichPresence( 322330, "connect", "+connect_netid #", ) = 1,
IClientFriends::SetRichPresence( 322330, "server_ip", "", ) = 1,
IClientFriends::SetRichPresence( 322330, "server_port", "", ) = 1,
IClientFriends::SetRichPresence( 322330, "server_steamid", "#", ) = 1,
IClientFriends::SetRichPresence( 322330, "status", "", ) = 1,

(Join Server)

IClientFriends::SetRichPresence( 322330, "connect", "+connect_netid # +connect 4.3.2.1:5", ) = 1,
IClientFriends::SetRichPresence( 322330, "server_ip", "4.3.2.1", ) = 1,
IClientFriends::SetRichPresence( 322330, "server_port", "5", ) = 1,
IClientFriends::SetRichPresence( 322330, "server_steamid", "#", ) = 1,
IClientFriends::SetRichPresence( 322330, "status", "Server Name\nServer Description", ) = 1,

The IP address is backwards, and when joining a server the connect field has both the P2P SteamID connection for localhosts as well as the reversed IP.

The Port's fine, though.

When inspecting users on servers using Steam's "view game info" it has the IP address field backwards.

For instance, localhost should be 127.0.0.1 but Steam reports to people on your friends list "1.0.0.127".

The join friend functionality still works on the user's end, so the game reads the IP back fine.

I don't know what happens when two systems with differing endianness tries joining each other, but I would imagine it wouldn't work.

This should all be done on network big-endian order and resolved back into the system byte order after it gets off the wire to comply with most standards.

Steps to Reproduce
Host or join a game, ask a friend what IP Steam says you're on. Alternatively hook into Steamworks and watch the data being set in reverse if on a little-endian device. Unknown on big-endian the ordering.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

I was about to report this... @CarlZalph, was the fix released already? I'm still seeing it with 255151.

Edited by myxal

Share this comment

7 hours ago, myxal said:

I was about to report this... @CarlZalph, was the fix released already? I'm still seeing it with 255151.

For the most part, yeah.  I still see some strangeness related to it, though, but nothing I could replicate reliably enough to pinpoint why.

Share this comment