Spiders missing idle animations [Re-report x100]

-Variant
  • Pending

Spiders are missing idle animations. (Aside from the fear one played when near light or the queen) Every type of spider excluding Striders. Please this has been haunting me since the original Don't Starve was in alpha. Let me free from this abyss.
PleaseMercy.thumb.gif.771a1c692e2ff5a2f6d59f48486057ef.gif

Steps to Reproduce

Watch spiders as they idle. Weep.

• Like 1

User Feedback

I really really don't want this to be changed! This is how spiders ARE in real life! They don't do the type of idle movements that other animals do, they stay perfectly still if all they're doing is standing there.

• Like 1

Share this comment

6 minutes ago, sylvia wander o said:

I really really don't want this to be changed! This is how spiders ARE in real life! They don't do the type of idle movements that other animals do, they stay perfectly still if all they're doing is standing there.

That's fair!! I just wish they'd do it like Striders do. Strider do this exact thing and while its super subtle they don't look pasted into the world because they at least blink. I'd be fine it if were kept subtle and they just blinked, but this comes off a bit unpolished when looking at new additions in the long run.

Share this comment

if it's very subtle then maybe it will be okay, but they would lose their charm if they moved too much like most idle animations look like.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment